Teasing our project just a bit, following these recent 8house announcements at SDCC.
8House: Mirror happens in a terraformed satellite, an isolated colony growing around a landed lab-starship as if it were a cathedral. In this safe haven, magicians and scientists of the House of Healers experiment with the local fauna to create man/animal ‘hybrids’, obtaining insight to utilize in a desperate cosmic war and win political favour. But a growing community of hybrids want nothing to do with war or politics, and especially not with their patronizing humans creators; only to live on their own, as they are.
Here are some characters below:
It will be basically written by me and drawn by Hwei Lim, but for five pages per issue in which we will exchange roles, I will draw and Hwei will write, to show more intimate scenes and give a deeper insight about the characters.
8House is a shared universe to be developed by several creators and published by Image Comics. A sci-fantasy playground with some premises in common, that will be explained through independent stories and teams.
Brandon talked in tumblr yesterday about what this 8house world was all about. Giving some details about Kiem, in which he works with Xurxo Penalta, and Arclight, with Marian.
We are enjoying the hell out of this thing, hope you like it when it comes out.
Hewi and Emma are doing some really cool stuff.
One of Marvel’s Avengers Turns to Sign Language. The story strives to connect readers with what he is experiencing: when he can’t hear, the word balloons on the page are blank. The comic also makes extensive use of sign language, but provides no key to interpreting them. “If nothing else, it’s an opportunity for hearing people to get a taste of what it might be like to be deaf,” Mr. Fraction said.
The shades of your journey await!
This is my first attempt at isometric pixel art! It took me three days, which was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. Please click to view it at full size~
P.S. The palette and tiles are based off of Blue version.
Hey guys, I’ve been getting a lot of new followers recently and I wanna say hi and thank you for following me! My name is Tera but you can call me Left! I’m 24 years old and I’m living in LA with my best friend/fiancee Marcia. <3 I work outside of the arts industry, but drawing is something I dedicate almost all of my free time to. It’s so incredible to be able to share my art with people, thank you all so much!
However, with recent life events our finances have been put under considerable strain and I might be coming up on a span of a few weeks during which I won’t be able to draw much. After my hours at my old job were severely cut, I had to find a second full-time job. I was finally able to land one, but literally on my first day of work my fiancee was in a car accident with an 18-wheeler which fled the scene, leaving us to foot the bill.
She hasn’t really been able to talk much about the accident because it was pretty traumatic, so I’ve abstained from mentioning it until now. We’re extremely lucky she didn’t wind up in the hospital, but more than $10,000 of damage was still done to her car. Thanks to the miracle of car insurance, we didn’t have to pay the full amount, but over the course of dealing with the accident we’ve lost about $1,000.
With my job I know that we’ll at least squeak through rent, but there are other things right now that I can’t afford that I really need to pay (like my health insurance). I work full days, with about 3 hours of commuting PER DAY on top. Between that and the stress of deciding between eating lunch and saving for bills, it’s really hard to draw or work on projects.
If you guys are FEELIN THE LOVE, we’d both be so grateful if you’d consider helping us out! Here are a few ways you (yes you!) can help us not panic and die:
- Sketchbooks: I’ve got discounted sketchbooks up for sale via Gumroad and Sellfy! Gumroad takes credit cards and Sellfy takes paypal.
- Con Prints: As i mentioned the other day, my Storenvy is now open for business again! All of my shipping materials arrived today and any orders placed will be shipped in a timely manner. If you buy something through my storenvy, email me a screencap of your receipt at email@example.com and I can include a free doodle of whatever you request. For an extra $5 donation via paypal, I can do a more polished sketch and pack it along with your purchase!
- Commissions: I only have a few commissions on my plate right now (all of which have significant progress completed) so I’m comfortable taking on more. Since we’re in kind of dire need, I’d be happy to do some sketch/ink commissions like this for ~$10 or ink/marker drawings like this for ~$15-$20. Of course, I’m happy to discuss more expensive commissions. Either way, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can talk things over.
- Donations: I know some people just would rather donate than choose something like a commission or print or something. I feel bad about not giving anything concrete in return, but I understand that some people prefer that. If you do feel like donating, thank you so much for your generosity, it means the world to me! My paypal is email@example.com if you’d like to donate.
- Signal Boosting: I know a lot of people are in tight spots just like we are! I understand and I hope none of you beat yourselves up for not being able to donate/buy/etc. If you’d still like to help, signal boosting would be very kind of you.
Thank you all so much for your kindness and understanding and for sticking with us through this stuff!
☪ My name is Billy Kaplan, but in the field I’m called W I C C A N .
it bothers me that Kansas and Arkansas are not pronounced the same
I’m from the UK and I have been pronouncing Arkansas as Ar-Kansas my whole life
For all my non-american friends, Arkansas is pronounced ark-an-saw
Was 5 seconds too short? How about 15?! With the SDCC panel tomorrow and just one week left until the season premiere, I just have one question…are you READY?!
Who is ready to PARTY?!
My favorite twins will be on air in a few days. I’m so excited!!